Tuesday Top 5 – Mobile Releases of 2016
23rd February, 2016
Yesterday Mobile World Congress (MWC) kicked off in Barcelona with the tech world licking their lips after the weeks of building anticipation. All the big hitters are there to show off their advances and launch their new products, well everyone except Apple of course.
So here they are our top 5 most anticipated smart phone releases at the MWC:
- Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - Everyone knew this was coming and Samsung hasn’t disappointed unveiling it on the first day. Boasting a battery almost 20% better than the previous one, a 12-megapixel camera which focuses almost immediately and being water and dust proof gives this phone a massive edge (I’m sorry).
- LG G5 – Moving away from their previous plastic and leather combo LG have produced their first metal unibody handset. The G5 has the always on function so that the time is always shown, they say it will only use 0.8% battery per hour. With a massive 16-megapixel camera paired with an 8-megapixel sensor give the camera a range of tools. The biggest feature from LG is the removable bottom section with enables you to change the skill set of the phone by swapping modules. With the big steps in virtual reality (VR) recently it gives this phone great potential.
- Sony Xperia X Series - Sony's attempt to re-establish itself at the forefront of mobile phone technology. As well as the now-standard dustproof and waterproof exterior, they boast the latest version of Android OS, a full-HD screen and more megapixels than most digital SLR cameras on the X and X Performance. The XA, meanwhile, is taking aim at the IPhone 5C crowd with its comparatively less powerful RAM, processor and camera whilst still providing a high quality product that is worthy of the Xperia name.
- HTC One M10 – Expected to be released in the next week or so this phone has been eagerly anticipated. It’s rumoured to have a QHD screen running Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, boasting a 12-megapixel UltraPixel camera and fingerprint scanner. Still all rumours but hopefully it will materialise either this week or during March.
- iPhone 7 - Apple like to do things their own way so there will probably be a release at some point in September, there will be queues for miles and world domination will ensue. The phone itself probably won’t have the capabilities of these rivals but the Apple faithful just do not care.