Call us: 0333 999 0802
For claims call: 0333 003 3267
be wiser business

0333 777 3621
0800 988 4687

landline number

Electrician's Insurance

Liability insurance for Electrician’s is vital to cover any work done by you or your employees

Electricians need insurance to account for any accidents or injuries that may occur in the workplace and avoid the shock of an expensive and unexpected bill.

Be Wiser is a leading insurance broker working with the top insurers in the UK. We can help you find a competitive quote, no need to fill in lots of forms or paperwork, saving you time and money. Online quotations are available or everything can be handled over the phone by calling us on 0800 988 4687 or by requesting a quote here.

Our dedicated staff are ready to receive your enquiry and can give you a very competitive quote today.

Public Liability insurance for Electricians – who is it for?

Sole traders, small businesses, medium sized businesses and contractors that offer electrical services such as installations and wiring will require a certain level of insurance cover. Typically an electrician should consider a limit of liability between £1 million and £5 million, although higher indemnity limits are available.

How much cover your business requires depends on the size of your business and the contracts that you have. In many instances there may be a written contract in place that shows the level of cover that you are required to arrange.

Why would you need insurance to protect the public?

This is known as Public Liability insurance and refers to how a company needs to have protection in place for any work they have done that may cause a risk to members of the public and their property.

Why would you need insurance to protect employees?

By law you have to have some protection in place in the event that your employees suffer an injury at work. This is known as Employers’ Liability Insurance. This type of protection is required by law and if a staff member is harmed because of faulty equipment provided by the company, they have the right to claim compensation.

You should report any work-related accident that comes under the requirements of the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013.

Insurance Glossary
Privacy and Cookies
Intellectual Property
Terms and Conditions
Site Map