Do I need Home Emergency?
A home emergency can occur at any time. Whether you boiler breaks down in the middle of winter, or your drainage system fails, knowing that you have home emergency cover will give you peace of mind should you encounter an issue. With rouge traders and high call out costs, home emergency will allow you to rely on a specialised claims team to dispatch a qualified and trusted engineer to your property to assist with your emergency.
What is classed as an emergency?
An emergency is an unexpected and unforeseen event which, if not dealt with quickly and without sensible intervention by you would cause internal damage to the property, render the property unsafe and insecure and cause excessive discomfort or risk to you.
What am I usually covered for?
- Up to the insurers specified limit per claim which will usually include VAT, parts, materials, call out and typically 2 hours labour. The insurers will also limit the amount paid in any one year.
- Failure of the primary heating system of the property
- Plumbing and drainage issues
- Failure of internal gas, water or electricity supply
- Pest infestation
- Temporary Heating Allowance
What am I not covered for?
- Lack of maintenance/maintenance related issues
- Wilful misuse
- Claims arising within the first 14 days from the date you purchase a policy
- Costs incurred from your organising a contractor to attend before you have notified the insurers
- Any systems or equipment that have not been properly installed or are under warranty
- Power flushing/descaling
- Intermittent faults
- External outbuildings including garages
- Utility supplies that are the responsibility of the local utility company.