Restaurant & Pub Insurance

Whilst insurance may not be at the forefront of every restaurant owner and publican, it’s important to know how it can benefit your business and if needed, protect you from disasters that threaten your livelihood.

An insurance policy, above all else is a promise to pay a claim upon the event of a certain insured risk. Should your premises suffer from a flood, fire, theft or vandalism, insurance provides the peace of mind that this event will not affect your business financially.

It’s not just the physical stuff which can be insured. For example should your business need to be shut for a few days whilst repair work is carried out following a flood, your Business Interruption policy can step in and pay your lost profit during the period of the closure.

Why do you need to insure your Restaurant or Pub?

Peace of mind and it’s prudent to do so are not the only reasons to insure your business. If you have employees it’s a legal requirement that you arrange Employers Liability insurance.

Whilst other insurance covers may not be required by law, it makes sense to insure your contents including wines, spirits and cigarettes. Of course you will want to insure your stock of food, but deterioration of frozen food should also be covered in the event of damage to the fridge or freezer that stops it from working correctly.

Public Liability is important and if the premises have a car park, a children’s play area or if the business lets out rooms or holds an event the insurance policy will need to cover all your activities. The policy may also need to extend to include any outside catering events held away from your premises.

Restaurant Insurance

Whether you own a family-run restaurant, a casual or fine diner you deserve the very best insurance so your hard earned reputation and business stays looking as good as the food you serve.

As a restaurant owner you face a number of different risks, from the loss of food stock due to equipment breakdown, fire damage to your property, as well as slips, trips and other injuries that could affect your employees or customers. You need a comprehensive policy that you can rely on to keep your business running smoothly.

We provide a flexible range of cover and optional extras so you can tailor the policy down to the last detail. With our year round customer service team just a phone call away we will be there should you ever need us, so you can focus on what matters to you.

Pub Insurance

Running a pub will bring its' own set of risks whether it is a quiet country hideout or a bustling pub in the heart of the city.

There are always going to be risks to you as the landlord, but also to your staff and customers. Let us guide you through the process with one of our experienced and knowledgeable staff who will provide you with a specific insurance policy for your exact needs regardless of your size or location. Our cover will protect your property, contents and insure against a range of potential liabilities.

Even if the worst should happen and you are temporarily unable to trade we will be here to cover you for any business interruption and with a year round customer service team, we will always be available should you need us.

Why should I get a policy from Be Wiser Insurance?

With a wealth of insurance knowledge and qualified professionals on hand to guide you through every aspect of insuring your business, there isn’t anyone better suited to help you protect your livelihood.

Our emphasis has always been on the quality of the insurance we provide and not simply based on the cheapest price. We search some of the markets most respected insurers to provide our clients with the best cover for their business.

Cover Available:

  • Buildings Insurance
  • Equipment & Stock
  • Frozen Food
  • Accidental Damage Cover
  • Loss of Licence
  • Business Interruption
  • Employers' Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Legal Assistance